In this topic, we will learn how we use the Dynamic Link to use this puppet project in Premiere or After Effects. This is a good option because if you want to link your puppet to another live-action video, you can edit your timeline on Character Animator, and it will automatically change in Premiere or AE.

Resources

Download Project Files From Google DriveDownload Project Files From OneDrive
View German TranscriptView Spanish TranscriptView English Transcript

If you plan to combine the power of character animator with After Effects or Premiere Pro, using the Dynamic Link feature can save you a lot of time. Okay, so now we have Rob and he's rigged and animated and we are ready to export him.

So before we jump, jump in and go to File and export as a video file or a png sequence. If you are going to do any kind of work in After Effects or Premiere Pro with this content, I would strongly recommend using adobe Dynamic Link.

Why? Well, what if I needed Rob to be placed with some live action video in Premiere and we find out that the timing isn't quite right? Well, it's going to be a lot easier to actually have it dynamically linked. That is, this file live linked with Premier, and to just change the timing and it will automatically update in Premiere, which saves me a lot of importing and exporting time.

Same thing could happen in after effects. We could make a 3d background, we could have animated text, and if we needed to make a change to the character animator content, we could do that without ever having to reimport. So let's do it with after effects.

Before I do that, I would want to just double check that everything is kind of in good order here. The one thing I'd probably change is that right now we've been playing with essentially one scene that we've kind of used multiple characters with, and it's called magnus, and that's Rob. So as a matter of Good housekeeping, probably a good idea to hit Return and call this scene and rename it Rob.

Okay, so little things that you might want to do first, once you've got your scenes and everything kind of in good order, if you launch After Effects and simply go to the project bin, you can double click. You could also hit Command I, or if you like to go to two menus, you can go to File and Import. These will all give you the import option.

So I can go to the folder, in this case, my documents, where I created the initial character animator project, and you can see that we named it magnus. And the file types for character animator are ch prod files, and when I hit open, it's going to look for any scenes in that project like the one we just named. So I'll hit OK. Now all I have to do is drag it to the new composition icon, and behold, there it is. If you're wondering about the quality issue here, it's just because the quality is set to a quarter for the sake of speed. Okay?

But there are some really cool things going on here. So let's say we've done a bunch of edits and we suddenly decide in our After Effects project, we really wanted rob's eyebrows to have that kind of funny kind of tilt like this the whole time. Okay, well, I can go back to Character Animator and I could say, let's do that.

I'm going to make some changes. So I'll make him have that trigger. Yeah, there the whole time. Now, sometimes you might get a little weirdness with the live preview here. If I uncheck record there you go. We can see the new change. Maybe I want his eyes to be closed when he talks. That would be weird.

But just for the sake of test driving, let's go back to After Effects. When we go to the part where he is talking, his eyes are now closed. I did not have to hit save. And this again, saves me a lot of time. Especially if I'm trying to read time. Maybe live action. Some prebuilt animation in after effects or premiere pro.

So that is how you can dynamically link Character Animator with After Effects or Premiere Pro and save you a lot of time.

Si planea combinar el poder del animador de personajes con After Effects o Premiere Pro, usar la función Dynamic Link puede ahorrarle mucho tiempo. Bien, ahora tenemos a Rob y él está manipulado y animado y estamos listos para exportarlo.

Así que antes de saltar, salta y ve a Archivo y exporta como un archivo de vídeo o una secuencia de png. Si vas a hacer cualquier tipo de trabajo en After Effects o Premiere Pro con este contenido, te recomiendo encarecidamente el uso de adobe Dynamic Link.

¿Por qué? Bueno, ¿qué pasa si necesito que Rob sea colocado con algún video de acción en vivo en Premiere y descubrimos que el momento no es el correcto? Bueno, va a ser mucho más fácil tenerlo vinculado dinámicamente. Es decir, este archivo en vivo vinculado con Premier, y para simplemente cambiar el tiempo y se actualizará automáticamente en Premiere, lo que me ahorra mucho tiempo de importación y exportación.

Lo mismo podría suceder en After Effects. Podríamos hacer un fondo 3D, podríamos tener texto animado, y si necesitáramos hacer un cambio en el contenido del animador de personajes, podríamos hacerlo sin tener que volver a importar. Así que hagámoslo con After Effects.

Antes de hacer eso, me gustaría volver a comprobar que todo está en buen estado aquí. Lo único que probablemente cambiaría es que en este momento hemos estado jugando con esencialmente una escena con la que hemos usado varios personajes, y se llama Magnus, y ese es Rob. Así que como una cuestión de buena limpieza, probablemente una buena idea para golpear Retorno y llamar a esta escena y renombrarla Rob.

De acuerdo, cosas tan pequeñas que es posible que desee hacer primero, una vez que tenga sus escenas y todo en buen orden, si inicia After Effects y simplemente va al contenedor del proyecto, puede hacer doble clic. También puede pulsar Comando I, o si desea ir a dos menús, puede ir a Archivo e Importar. Todos estos le darán la opción de importación.

Así que puedo ir a la carpeta, en este caso, mis documentos, donde creé el proyecto inicial de animación de personajes, y se puede ver que lo llamamos magnus. Y los tipos de archivo para el animador de personajes son archivos ch prod, y cuando abro, va a buscar cualquier escena en ese proyecto como la que acabamos de nombrar. Así que voy a golpear OK. Ahora todo lo que tengo que hacer es arrastrarlo al nuevo icono de composición, y he aquí, ahí está. Si se está preguntando sobre el problema de la calidad aquí, es solo porque la calidad se establece en un cuarto por el bien de la velocidad. ¿Vale?

Pero hay algunas cosas realmente geniales que están sucediendo aquí. Así que digamos que hemos hecho un montón de ediciones y de repente decidimos en nuestro proyecto After Effects, realmente queríamos que las cejas de Rob tuvieran ese tipo de inclinación divertida todo el tiempo. Vale, bueno, puedo volver a Animador de Personajes y podría decir, hagámoslo.

Voy a hacer algunos cambios. Así que le haré tener ese gatillo. Sí, allí todo el tiempo. Ahora, a veces puedes tener un poco de rareza con la vista previa en vivo aquí. Si desmarco el registro allí vas. Podemos ver el nuevo cambio. Tal vez quiero que sus ojos estén cerrados cuando hable. Sería muy raro.

Pero solo por el bien de la conducción de prueba, volvamos a After Effects. Cuando vamos a la parte donde está hablando, sus ojos están ahora cerrados. No tuve que golpear salvar. Y esto, de nuevo, me ahorra mucho tiempo. Especialmente si estoy tratando de leer el tiempo. Tal vez acción en vivo. Algunas animaciones preconstruidas en After Effects o Premiere Pro.

Así es como puedes vincular dinámicamente a Character Animator con After Effects o Premiere Pro y ahorrarte mucho tiempo.

Wenn Sie die Leistung von Character Animator mit After Effects oder Premiere Pro kombinieren möchten, können Sie mit der Funktion Dynamic Link viel Zeit sparen. Okay, jetzt haben wir Rob und er ist manipuliert und animiert und wir sind bereit, ihn zu exportieren.

Bevor wir also springen, springen Sie hinein und gehen Sie zu Datei und exportieren Sie als Videodatei oder PNG-Sequenz. Wenn Sie mit diesem Inhalt irgendeine Art von Arbeit in After Effects oder Premiere Pro machen wollen, würde ich die Verwendung von Adobe Dynamic Link dringend empfehlen.

Warum? Nun, was wäre, wenn ich Rob mit einem Live-Action-Video in Premiere platzieren müsste und wir herausfinden, dass das Timing nicht ganz richtig ist? Nun, es wird viel einfacher sein, es tatsächlich dynamisch zu verknüpfen. Das heißt, diese Datei ist live mit Premier verknüpft, und um einfach das Timing zu ändern, wird sie automatisch in Premiere aktualisiert, was mir viel Zeit beim Importieren und Exportieren spart.

Dasselbe könnte nach den Effekten passieren. Wir könnten einen 3D-Hintergrund machen, wir könnten animierten Text haben, und wenn wir eine Änderung am Inhalt des Charakteranimators vornehmen müssten, könnten wir das tun, ohne jemals wieder importieren zu müssen. Also machen wir es mit After-Effekten.

Bevor ich das tue, möchte ich noch einmal überprüfen, ob hier alles in Ordnung ist. Das Einzige, was ich wahrscheinlich ändern würde, ist, dass wir gerade mit einer Szene gespielt haben, mit der wir mehrere Charaktere verwendet haben, und sie heißt Magnus, und das ist Rob. Also als eine Frage des guten Housekeeping, wahrscheinlich eine gute Idee, auf Return zu klicken und diese Szene zu nennen und sie in Rob umzubenennen.

Okay, also kleine Dinge, die Sie vielleicht zuerst tun möchten, wenn Sie Ihre Szenen und alles in Ordnung haben, wenn Sie After Effects starten und einfach in den Projektbehälter gehen, können Sie doppelklicken. Sie können auch Befehl I drücken, oder wenn Sie zu zwei Menüs gehen möchten, können Sie zu Datei und Import gehen. Diese geben Ihnen alle die Importoption.

So kann ich zu dem Ordner gehen, in diesem Fall zu meinen Dokumenten, wo ich das erste Charakteranimator-Projekt erstellt habe, und Sie können sehen, dass wir es Magnus genannt haben. Und die Dateitypen für Character Animator sind ch PROD-Dateien, und wenn ich auf Open drücke, wird es nach allen Szenen in diesem Projekt suchen, wie die, die wir gerade genannt haben. Also werde ich OK drücken. Jetzt muss ich es nur noch auf das neue Kompositionssymbol ziehen, und siehe da, da ist es. Wenn Sie sich über das Qualitätsproblem hier wundern, dann nur, weil die Qualität aus Gründen der Geschwindigkeit auf ein Viertel eingestellt ist. Okay?

Aber es gibt ein paar wirklich coole Dinge, die hier passieren. Nehmen wir also an, wir haben eine Reihe von Bearbeitungen gemacht und plötzlich in unserem After Effects-Projekt entschieden, dass wir wirklich wollten, dass Robs Augenbrauen die ganze Zeit so eine lustige Art von Neigung haben. Okay, nun, ich kann zurück zu Character Animator gehen und ich könnte sagen, lass uns das machen.

Ich werde ein paar Änderungen vornehmen. Also werde ich ihm den Auslöser geben. Ja, die ganze Zeit. Manchmal kommt es bei der Live-Vorschau hier zu etwas Seltsamem. Wenn ich das Häkchen bei der Aufzeichnung entferne, geht das. Wir können die neue Veränderung sehen. Vielleicht möchte ich, dass seine Augen geschlossen sind, wenn er redet. Das wäre irre.

Aber nur zum Probefahren, gehen wir zurück zu After Effects. Wenn wir zu dem Teil gehen, wo er spricht, sind seine Augen jetzt geschlossen. Ich musste nicht auf Save drücken. Und das hier spart mir viel Zeit. Vor allem, wenn ich versuche, Zeit zu lesen. Vielleicht Live-Action. Einige vorgefertigte Animationen in After Effects oder Premiere Pro.

So können Sie Charakteranimator dynamisch mit After Effects oder Premiere Pro verknüpfen und Ihnen viel Zeit sparen.