In this topic, we will start recording! Let’s focus on the audio first. We will learn how to import audio and also how we can record directly through the program. Let’s see how we edit the audio in the timeline for our puppet’s mouth to move very closely as the audio appears.

Resources

Download Project Files From Google DriveDownload Project Files From OneDrive
View German TranscriptView Spanish TranscriptView English Transcript

The first step to the recording process is understanding and working with audio. So recording and editing is different in character animator. Essentially, you're going to need to take at least three different takes or passes on your animations. So the first pass is going to be audio, the second is probably going to be your face gestures, things like eyes and head tilts, and the third pass will be your triggers.

With that in mind, since we're going to talk about audio in this video, we're going to bring in a puppet that has a little bit more of an advanced mouth with the vazims, the mouth shapes that you might want to use for your puppet. So we're going to basically swap out magnus here. So what I'm going to do is go ahead and import from the project files rob rigged and ready and it's a little different than the Rob source puppet.

It's Rob with all of the coolness that you might want to add. So the dangles are in there. Yeah, we can go ahead and zap magnus, turn him off, make sure Rob is armed. Okay, so you've got two options when it comes to that first recording pass, and that is you could either bring in some prebuilt or recorded audio from a dedicated sound design app like adobe Audition where you could clean it up and apply effects and do all that, and I would strongly recommend you do that.

So the workflow for that would be to go ahead and export that right from audition as a wave file or mp3 and then import it into character animator. So if I go to, hey, there people from the project files you can see, we can add audio files to the project. And if I drag that on top of Rob, the way that we work with pre made audio is to simply select the audio track and go to timeline and go to compute lip sync take from scene audio.

That's a mouthful, but when you click that it's going to autogenerate the vazims. Now these are going to be inaccurate. Okay. They're about 70% accurate. Okay. So that means you're going to have to do some cleanup and you could wait and do that at the very end if you prefer. But I'd kind of like to take these as one step at a time. So do all the audio edits, do all the face edits, do all the trigger edits, but it's a personal preference thing.

So if I did want to clean this up, a little bit of sort of a pro tip will be to rather than playing back in real time with the space bar, there are people that's pretty fast and it's kind of hard to see where everything comes in. They've got a nice option here where you see the one times text there. You can actually make it playback slower so that it's going to sound weird, but you're going to actually be able to retime things a lot better. So if I play it back, okay, I can still make out the different sounds, and I can probably retime this better.

So for starters, I could tell that, hey, neither of these is probably accurate. So notice that these are all the Vazims I've got to work with. Some have shut off screen here a little bit, but there's no H, right? There's A. But you might want to try something that at least changes the mouth shape. So there are times when you're kind of looking for one that might just at least generate something different.

Okay, so maybe I'll start with the shape I make when I say D and then A. And then there's like a th. All right. The R is correct, so there but I need this to be more of a th. So a nice keyboard shortcut is if you've got your edit line somewhere and you want to split it. On a Mac, it's Command Shift D. On a PC, it's Control shift D. And you can see that that split that up.

So down at the bottom, I've got L here, and L and th make the same sort of mouse shape that funny shape, right? All right, now the people is actually right here, right? And the O is not correct. So I'm going to actually hit Delete, and you can see that it moves the L to the very end, and that's good, but it still feels like it needs the P poll, right? So let's give this again. Maybe we'll cut it where we can get something akin to a P sound. So up here you can see that M is both B and P. All right. For the mouth shape. So if I play that, it's getting pretty close. So you're going to need to do a little bit sort of sound design or mouth design for all of your audio cakes.

Now, the other option you have is to just grip it and rip it inside of Character animator. And what I mean is to actually record straight up inside of the app. Before I hit record, I should pay attention to all of the other things I have armed for record. And because I want to break this into parts, I really don't want to have eye gaze or dragger or the face movements. I just want to focus on the audio and the mouth. Okay. So I've disarmed any behaviors I don't want to record, including things like triggers, only the lip sync.

Okay, so here we go. Rock and Rob here. Okay. And you can see Rock and Rob here. Again, I would want to go in there and change some of the Vizims because it starts with an R sound and it comes much later. So there'd be some cleanup to do. Right. So that would be a raw aww, maybe an A sound that maybe that's fine. Right?

And this takes, you know, a little bit of a little bit of work in practice. rocking rough here. Not bad. So that is how you can record audio or import audio and generate mouth shapes in character. animator.

El primer paso para el proceso de grabación es entender y trabajar con audio. Así que grabar y editar es diferente en el animador de personajes. Esencialmente, tendrás que tomar al menos tres tomas o pases diferentes en tus animaciones. Así que el primer pase va a ser de audio, el segundo probablemente va a ser sus gestos faciales, cosas como los ojos y las inclinaciones de la cabeza, y el tercer pase serán sus desencadenantes.

Con eso en mente, ya que vamos a hablar sobre el audio en este video, vamos a traer un títere que tiene un poco más de una boca avanzada con los vazims, las formas de la boca que es posible que desee utilizar para su títere. Así que básicamente vamos a intercambiar a Magnus aquí. Así que lo que voy a hacer es seguir adelante e importar desde los archivos del proyecto robados, manipulados y listos, y es un poco diferente a la marioneta fuente de Rob.

Es Rob con toda la frialdad que tal vez quieras añadir. Así que los colgantes están allí. Sí, podemos seguir adelante y eliminar a Magnus, apagarlo, asegurarnos de que Rob esté armado. De acuerdo, tienes dos opciones cuando se trata de ese primer pase de grabación, y es que puedes traer algo de audio preconstruido o grabado desde una aplicación de diseño de sonido dedicada como adobe Audition, donde puedes limpiarlo y aplicar efectos y hacer todo eso, y te recomiendo encarecidamente que lo hagas.

Entonces, el flujo de trabajo para eso sería seguir adelante y exportar eso directamente de la audición como un archivo de onda o mp3 y luego importarlo al animador de personajes. Así que si voy a, hey, hay gente de los archivos del proyecto se puede ver, podemos añadir archivos de audio para el proyecto. Y si arrastro eso encima de Rob, la forma en que trabajamos con audio prefabricado es simplemente seleccionar la pista de audio e ir a la línea de tiempo e ir a calcular la sincronización de labios desde el audio de la escena.

Eso es un bocado, pero cuando haces clic en que va a autogenerar los vazims. Ahora estos van a ser inexactos. Bien. Tienen una precisión de alrededor del 70%. Bien. Así que eso significa que vas a tener que hacer algo de limpieza y puedes esperar y hacerlo al final si lo prefieres. Pero me gustaría tomar esto como un paso a la vez. Así que haz todas las ediciones de audio, haz todas las ediciones faciales, haz todas las ediciones de activación, pero es una cosa de preferencia personal.

Así que si quisiera limpiar esto, un poco de un consejo profesional será en lugar de jugar en tiempo real con la barra espaciadora, hay personas que son bastante rápidas y es un poco difícil ver dónde entra todo. Tienen una buena opción aquí donde se ve el texto de una vez allí. En realidad, puedes hacer que la reproducción sea más lenta para que suene raro, pero en realidad podrás volver a cronometrar las cosas mucho mejor. Así que si lo reproduzco, está bien, todavía puedo distinguir los diferentes sonidos, y probablemente pueda volver a cronometrar esto mejor.

Así que para empezar, podría decir que, hey, ninguno de estos es probablemente exacto. Así que fíjate que estos son todos los Vazims con los que tengo que trabajar. Algunos han apagado la pantalla un poco, pero no hay H, ¿verdad? Pero es posible que desee probar algo que al menos cambie la forma de la boca. Así que hay momentos en los que estás buscando uno que al menos pueda generar algo diferente.

Bien, entonces tal vez voy a empezar con la forma que hago cuando digo D y luego A. Y luego hay como un th. De acuerdo. La R es correcta, así que allí, pero necesito que esto sea más de una th. Por lo tanto, un buen atajo de teclado es si tiene su línea de edición en algún lugar y desea dividirla. En una Mac, es Command Shift D. En una PC, es Control Shift D. Y puedes ver que eso dividió eso.

Así que en la parte inferior, tengo L aquí, y L y th hacen el mismo tipo de forma de ratón que forma divertida, ¿verdad? Muy bien, ahora la gente está realmente aquí, ¿verdad? Y la O no es correcta. Así que voy a pulsar Eliminar, y se puede ver que se mueve la L hasta el final, y eso es bueno, pero todavía se siente como que necesita la encuesta P, ¿verdad? Así que vamos a dar esto de nuevo. Tal vez lo cortemos donde podamos obtener algo parecido a un sonido P. Así que aquí arriba puedes ver que M es tanto B como P. Muy bien. Para la forma de la boca. Así que si toco eso, se está acercando bastante. Por lo tanto, tendrá que hacer un poco de diseño de sonido o diseño de boca para todas sus tortas de audio.

Ahora, la otra opción que tienes es simplemente agarrarlo y rasgarlo dentro del animador de personajes. Y lo que quiero decir es realmente grabar directamente dentro de la aplicación. Antes de golpear el registro, debo prestar atención a todas las otras cosas que he armado para el registro. Y debido a que quiero dividir esto en partes, realmente no quiero tener una mirada o arrastrar o los movimientos de la cara. Sólo quiero centrarme en el audio y la boca. Bien. Así que he desarmado cualquier comportamiento que no quiero grabar, incluyendo cosas como disparadores, solo la sincronización de labios.

Bien, aquí vamos. Rock y Rob aquí. Bien. Y puedes ver a Rock y Rob aquí. Una vez más, me gustaría ir allí y cambiar algunos de los Vizims porque comienza con un sonido R y viene mucho más tarde. Así que habría algo de limpieza que hacer. ... Así que eso sería un aww crudo, tal vez un sonido A que tal vez esté bien. ¿Verdad?

Y esto requiere, ya sabes, un poco de un poco de trabajo en la práctica. rockeando duro aquí. Nada mal. Así es como puede grabar audio o importar audio y generar formas de boca en el animador de personajes.

Der erste Schritt zum Aufnahmeprozess ist das Verstehen und Arbeiten mit Audio. So ist das Aufnehmen und Bearbeiten im Charakteranimator anders. Im Wesentlichen müssen Sie mindestens drei verschiedene Aufnahmen oder Durchläufe Ihrer Animationen machen. Der erste Durchlauf wird also Audio sein, der zweite wird wahrscheinlich Ihre Gesichtsgesten sein, Dinge wie Augen und Kopfneigungen, und der dritte Durchlauf wird Ihre Auslöser sein.

In diesem Sinne, da wir in diesem Video über Audio sprechen werden, werden wir eine Puppe einführen, die ein wenig mehr von einem fortgeschrittenen Mund mit den Vazims hat, die Mundformen, die Sie vielleicht für Ihre Puppe verwenden möchten. Also werden wir Magnus hier austauschen. Also, was ich tun werde, ist, machen Sie weiter und importieren Sie aus den Projektdateien rob manipuliert und bereit und es ist ein wenig anders als die Rob Quellpuppe.

Es ist Rob mit all der Coolness, die Sie vielleicht hinzufügen möchten. Die Bänder sind also da drin. Ja, wir können weitermachen und Magnus zappen, ihn ausschalten, sicherstellen, dass Rob bewaffnet ist. Okay, Sie haben also zwei Optionen, wenn es um den ersten Aufnahmepass geht, und das ist, dass Sie entweder vorgefertigtes oder aufgenommenes Audio von einer dedizierten Sound-Design-App wie Adobe Audition mitbringen können, wo Sie es bereinigen und Effekte anwenden und all das tun können, und ich würde Ihnen dringend empfehlen, das zu tun.

Der Workflow dafür wäre also, diese direkt aus dem Vorsprechen als WAVE-Datei oder MP3 zu exportieren und dann in den Charakteranimator zu importieren. Wenn ich also zu den Leuten aus den Projektdateien gehe, die Sie sehen können, können wir Audiodateien zum Projekt hinzufügen. Und wenn ich das auf Rob ziehe, ist die Art und Weise, wie wir mit vorgefertigtem Audio arbeiten, einfach die Audiospur auszuwählen, zur Timeline zu gehen und Lippensynchronisation aus Szene-Audio zu berechnen.

Das ist ein Mund voll, aber wenn du darauf klickst, wird es die Vazims automatisch generieren. Nun werden diese ungenau sein. Okay. Sie sind etwa 70 % genau. Okay. Das bedeutet also, dass Sie etwas aufräumen müssen, und Sie könnten warten und das ganz am Ende tun, wenn Sie es vorziehen. Aber ich würde das gerne als einen Schritt nach dem anderen betrachten. Machen Sie also alle Audio-Bearbeitungen, alle Gesichts-Bearbeitungen, alle Auslöser-Bearbeitungen, aber es ist eine persönliche Präferenzsache.

Wenn ich das also aufräumen wollte, wäre ein kleiner Profi-Tipp, es nicht in Echtzeit mit der Leertaste abzuspielen, sondern es gibt Leute, die ziemlich schnell sind und es ist irgendwie schwer zu erkennen, wo alles reinkommt. Sie haben hier eine nette Option, wo Sie den einmaligen Text sehen. Sie können die Wiedergabe sogar langsamer machen, damit es seltsam klingt, aber Sie werden tatsächlich in der Lage sein, die Dinge viel besser nachzuspielen. Also, wenn ich es abspiele, okay, kann ich immer noch die verschiedenen Sounds erkennen, und ich kann das wahrscheinlich besser wiederholen.

Also, für den Anfang, ich konnte sagen, dass, hey, keine der beiden wahrscheinlich richtig ist. Also beachte, dass das alles Vazims sind, mit denen ich arbeiten muss. Einige haben den Bildschirm hier etwas abgeschaltet, aber es gibt kein H, oder? Es gibt A. Aber du solltest vielleicht etwas versuchen, das zumindest die Mundform verändert. Es gibt also Zeiten, in denen man nach einer sucht, die zumindest etwas anderes hervorbringt.

Okay, vielleicht fange ich mit der Form an, die ich mache, wenn ich D und dann A sage, und dann ist da so was wie ein th. In Ordnung. Das R ist richtig, also muss es mehr ein th sein. Eine nette Tastenkombination ist also, wenn Sie Ihre Bearbeitungszeile irgendwo haben und sie teilen möchten. Auf einem Mac ist es Command Shift D. Auf einem PC ist es Control Shift D. Und Sie können sehen, dass das aufteilt.

Also unten habe ich L hier, und L und th machen die selbe Art von Mausform, die lustig ist, richtig? In Ordnung, jetzt sind die Leute genau hier, richtig? Und das O ist nicht korrekt. Also werde ich tatsächlich auf Löschen drücken, und Sie können sehen, dass es das L bis zum Ende bewegt, und das ist gut, aber es fühlt sich immer noch so an, als ob es die Umfrage braucht, richtig? Also lassen Sie uns das wiederholen. Vielleicht schneiden wir es dort ab, wo wir etwas bekommen, das einem P-Sound ähnelt. Hier oben sieht man also, dass M sowohl B als auch P ist. Für die Mundform. Also, wenn ich das spiele, kommt es ziemlich nah. Sie müssen also eine kleine Art Sounddesign oder Munddesign für all Ihre Audio-Kuchen erstellen.

Nun, die andere Option, die du hast, ist, sie einfach zu greifen und sie im Charakter-Animator zu zerreißen. Und was ich meine, ist, direkt in der App aufzunehmen. Bevor ich den Rekord erreiche, sollte ich auf all die anderen Dinge achten, die ich für den Rekord bewaffnet habe. Und weil ich das in Teile zerlegen will, will ich wirklich keinen Blick, keinen Schlepper und keine Gesichtsbewegungen haben. Ich will mich nur auf den Ton und den Mund konzentrieren. Okay. Also habe ich alle Verhaltensweisen entwaffnet, die ich nicht aufzeichnen möchte, einschließlich Dingen wie Auslösern, nur der Lippensynchronisation.

Auf geht's. Rock und Rob hier. Okay. Und du kannst Rock und Rob hier sehen. Wieder möchte ich da rein gehen und einige der Wesim ändern, weil es mit einem R-Sound beginnt und viel später kommt. Also gäbe es ein paar Aufräumarbeiten. Richtig. Das wäre also ein roher Aww, vielleicht ein A-Sound, der vielleicht in Ordnung ist. Nicht wahr?

Und das erfordert, wissen Sie, ein wenig Arbeit in der Praxis. Wiegend rau hier. Nicht schlecht. So können Sie Audio aufnehmen oder Audio importieren und Mundformen in character.animator generieren.