You’re back after a long summer… Maybe you stayed creative, maybe you didn’t. Get back into the groove by creating a totally new image- it can be whatever you want. Show off and earn bragging rights. Learn at least 2 new things through tutorials and create a new image. Just blow me away. If you’re having a hard time coming up with an idea- redo a project from last year, but do it completely differently. Add a new twist. Throw in those 2 new tricks you’re going to pick up in tutorials.
Go ahead, make me jealous of your mad skillz. :-\
Show off with an amazing image.
- Learn 2 new tricks in tutorials
- Use Photoshop or illustrator. This is a design project.
- The photoshop images must remain in layers
- You must save the files in your portfolio folder under files/photoshop
- You must name the finished file “lastname2_1.” If you do more than one, add letters to the filename (i.e. “lastname2_1a” “lastname2_1b”)
- Journal or use the report format in the resources section to document what you’ve learned
- Program Workspace
- Problem Solving Process
- Saving work and Class rules for saving
- Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Internet (for tutorials)
- Adobe Video Workshop is a great place to get introductory tips on Adobe products!
- Google Search for photoshop tutorials
- TUTORIALS ARE ALL DIFFERENT!!! If you’re on one that is written poorly, move on. Don’t spend too much time on a tuturial that has bad directions. The next one may be much better!
- Be aware of your limits. Don’t be afraid of quitting a tutorial that’s too hard… (but never give up too fast, either!)
- You’re pretty free on this one. Make sure you come up with somethign original. Challenge yourself. I don’t want to see a tutorial.
Did you come up with a new idea or a fresh spin on an old one? Are they properly named? Are they saved in your “Photoshop” folder?
- Create another image of your choosing
- Ask a teacher if they have any design requests. Start learning how to work with a “client.” It’s a whole different ballgame.
State Standards Met:
6.0,7.0, 8.0, 9.1,9.4, 9.5, 10.0, 12.1-4, 19.1, 19.9