B.A., Education: Health and Physical Education
Georgia Southern University, June 1993, Statesboro, GA
Technology Education Coursework
University of South Florida, 1997-2000, Tampa, FL
Broward County School Board – Broward County, FL
April 2014 – Present
September 1996 – June 2002
Technology Education Teacher
Served 2 years at Rickards Middle School(96-99), 4 years at McFatter Magnet High School for Technology (99-2004), and 2 years at Sheridan Technical High School (14-16) . Developed and implemented an innovative, internationally recognized technology education curriculum. Created the model program used as a blueprint for all secondary Technology Education programs in Broward County. Developed and conducted training workshops for new teachers in the county. Conducted workshops at multiple State and International conferences. Created an award-winning website serving curriculum and resources to students and parents. Developed a successful Technology Student Association program winning State and National awards and offices. Created Internet presence for the School. Solicited partnerships from local businesses.
Seminole Ridge High School – Palm Beach, FL
June 2005-April 2014
Technology Education Teacher
Developed the Design Academy division of the Information Technology Program. Developed and implemented the lab equipment list and curriculum. Redesigned Brainbuffet.com to serve as a total-curriculum solution for the class using video instruction and web 2.0 educational solutions. Collaborated with district personnel to develop multiple initiatives and pilot programs to develop online-hybrid learning. Helped other teachers and classes develop curriculum and prepare for Adobe ACA certification tests. Designed and implemented a successful online curriculum to prepare students for the Adobe Certified Associate program. Trained other district and state personnel in implementing and developing a successful design program with an emphasis in Industry Certification and Industry involvement.
Bayside High School – Brevard, FL
Technology Education Teacher
Served 6 months at Southwest Middle School and started Bayside High School in January 2003. Developed curriculum and assisted with the development of a Technology Student Association program. Started a robotics program at Southwest Middle. Created a website to assist students with projects and to share student work. Worked closely with Technology Specialist at the school to help make technology accessible to students and teachers. Developed a prototype for the school website. Created an in-class business printing t-shirts to generate supply money for the program. Updated curriculum to include newer digital and multimedia technologies.
Anesis Consulting – Hollywood, FL
March 1995 – September 1996
Developed curriculum and organized workshops for businesses and schools in the Tri-County area. Instructed participants on computer hardware and software use, the Internet and HTML programming, as well as audio/video and multimedia equipment. Developed newsletters and marketing material. Assisted businesses and schools in developing technology plans for government grants and private funding. Created an Internet resource for clientele.
Certifications and Accomplishments
- Creator of ACATestPrep.com the leading site for Adobe Certified Associate Certifications
- Author of the LEARN series of books for Adobe Press for industry certifications
- Contributing Author to Teaching and Learning With Technology by Judy Lever-Duffy
- Certifications include Adobe ACA & Microsoft MOS
- Developed Online Training Curriculum for Pearson Publishing
- Developed an internationally recognized curriculum for teaching the Adobe Certified Associate concepts to High School Students.
- Created Educational Specifications for Communications Technology courses for Brevard County School Board- Summer 2004
- Created interactive website for Broward County School Board’s Adult, Career, and Technical Education division and developed the Web Page Design curriculum.
- Certified in Florida for Art Education, Technology Education, Business Education, and Physical Education (endorsements include Clinical Educator and ESOL)
- Invited to present at local, state, and national Technology Education Conferences on transforming a modular lab to Design-Based curriculum
- Created an award winning website (www.brainbuffet.com) for students, parents, and teachers interested in Technology Education
- Received Distinguished Service Medal and recognized as Distinguished Honor Graduate during service in the US Army Reserves (31V-10 Unit Level Communications Maintenance)
Awards & Recognition
- 2015- #1 Best-Selling Author of the LEARN Adobe series of books by Adobe Press
- 2014- Education Innovator of the Month in TIES Magazine.
- 2011- Certiport Top Certifying Center
- 2011- Certiport Award for Outstanding Achievement in Student Certification
- 2011- Adobe Education Leader Impact Award
- 2010- #1 Instructor World Wide– Adobe Certified Associate Championship
- 2010- Certiport Top Certifying Academic Center
- 2010- Certiport ACA Educator
- 2009- Certiport Top Certifying Academic Center
- 2004- Exemplary Teacher Award- Epsilon Pi Tau – Eta Field Chapter
- 2004- Exemplary Scholarship Award- Epsilon Pi Tau – Eta Field Chapter
- 2002- Invited to be a part of the Macromedia Education Leader program- (now Adobe Education Leader)
- 2001 Busy Educator Award – in recognition of sites created either for busy educators or by them
- 2001 Golden Web Award – In recognition of creativity, integrity and excellence on the Web
- 2001 International Technology Education Association Program of Excellence Award
- 2001 Florida Technology Education Association Program of Excellence Award
- 1999 Cyber Teacher Award – In recognition of excellence in curriculum-related web design