This page will eventually be a place to find information on Policies for a Tech Lab, and things that need to be considered at the school or district level.
Here’s what I have right now on this Work In Progress…
On Filtering Internet Access, CIPA, E-Rate issues:
- Be informed
- First, READ THE ACTUAL CIPA before going to third party sources. Be informed yourself.
- Go to the FCC (who regulates CIPA) and read the CIPA requirements – A great summary
- Read DOC’s own review of filtering measures and pay attention to concerns of overblocking by the Department Of Commerce!
- ALA’s Legal FAQ on CIPA
- ALA’s page on filters and filtering. – What can I say? ALA has some GREAT stuff here!!
- American Library Association on Censorship – great quotes at the beginning of this article. Are we educators or censors?
- Develop a Plan
- Doug Johnson’s page is pretty complete… Follow his advice!