Here’s the annual Cover design for the Tech Conference. All the info you need is in this file:
This is a REAL contest with the opportunity for REAL cash prizes for those of you who apply yourselves (and if the judges dig what you create :-P). Every year, the district has a tech conference. Students develop the cover of the Conference booklet. And the cool thing… First place gets not only $$500 CASH, but A FULL COPY OF AN ADOBE SUITE OF PRODUCTS!!! (That’s worth $600 bones!!!) Second and third also get smaller cash prizes… but of course, you have to be in the top 3 to get anything. The school can only send 5 in, so I’ll be sending in the best 5. The specs are all in the attachment. Good Luck!!!
Create a Cover for the county tech fair booklet
- Create an 17×11 inch design at 300DPI.
- The image MUST be landscape orientation- it will be the cover of a booklet.
- The final image should be CMYK- verify colors after conversion
- The image should reflect this year’s message: “We Have an App for That: Innovative Teachers”
- You must develop at least 3 ideas before beginning to work on your final design. That design needs to be approved by Schwartz before you beging working.
- All images in your design must be free to use for commercial use, as the image will be reproduced in magazines and on posters produced and distributed.
- Retain information on all public domain or Creative Commons images including links to the download page for each image so that permissions can be verified.
- create a web-safe jpeg image with maximum dimension at 1000pixels
- Preflight the image and create an offset friendly PDF document for printing.
- **Re-verify specs at official site here!!! Download the Call For Program Designs 2012***
- Knowledge of the Design Process
- Computer with Adobe Design Suite
- 17×11 Magazine Template
- Use the normal stock photo sites… and MAKE SURE they’re royalty free!!!
- This is a tech conference. Keep that in mind, as well as the THEME!!!!
- Don’t just start working on a project… THINK about what you want to do.
- Get high quality images… Check the free stock photo sites we always use.
- Be sure to design properly- You should use the TEMPLATE file and know what the lines mean.
Check out the Judging Criteria section of the attached document from the county.
- Develop a logo for the Educational Technology Department of the School Board.
- Create a presentation that could be given at a tech conference.