Illustrator is cool, right??? But there’s MUCH MORE! In this tutorial, you’ll learn some awesome tips on creating some cool effects on your lines, using shadows and transparency to make it look more lifelike and generally cool, and warping to create easy organic shapes from geometric primitives(making cool curvy shapes from the straight sharp ones). This set of tuts lets you get pretty creative without having to use the pen tool (coming soon). You can bend and warp and put effects on the basic shapes to get really cool looks from your basic shapes.
Learn intermediate tools and tips in illustrator.
- WATCH THE ILLUSTRATOR 2 “ROBOTGUY” VIDEOS
- Learn the cool tools and experiment with each tool after each video. (save the experiments as 109original-lastname for extra credit)
- Create a new, original robot guy using the tools you’ve learned- It’s gotta be different from the one in the tutorials.
- Save the document as 109robot-username (ie”109robot-schwartzro15.ai”) in your files folder
- Save another copy for web with a maximum dimension of 1000 pixels for uploading to the lab. Use “109-username” as the file name so we can always know who’s work that is if it hits the wall or web! (replace username with your online lab login name).
- Illustrator Workspace
- Transforming shapes
- Expanding objects & Lines
- Warping objects
- Grid tool
- Adobe Illustrator
- INTRO TO ILLUSTRATOR VIDEOS
- Maclab Tutorials– TONS of awesome Illy Tuts!
- Google Search for illustrator tutorials
- WATCH ALL OF THE VIDEOS AND FOLLOW ALONG!!! Don’t just watch the first 5 seconds. There’s lots of good mojo in there (if I do say so myself.)
- Try to understand the tools- don’t just follow along. The goal here is to LEARN, not to copy me. You’re going to need to do something original, so think about it. Don’t fall into monkey-see, monkey-do mode. Problem Solving, remember?
Did you create an original image? Did you save it in the proper folder with the proper name? Did you use the rubric and do your documentation (or journaling?)
- Create an extra image using the skills you learned in your tutorials
State Standards Met:
6.0,7.0, 8.0, 9.1,9.4, 9.5, 10.0, 12.1-4, 19.1, 19.9